Thursday, June 23, 2016

Newb question about interior painting, painters, and contractors.

Hi guys- not sure if this is the right place to ask this but, I couldn't find another sub that fits so here goes (will gladly post somewhere else if needed):

Background info: I'm managing family property while they live elsewhere. Hired a contractor about a month ago for painting formal living and dining room walls, a bedroom ceiling and walls, and tiling the bedroom floor. As such, all the curtains and mounted televisions were taken down by the contractors. Upon completion, the main contractor informed me that they rarely replace curtains or appliances. Is this true? Is that common practice amongst contractors that they don't replace what they disrupt? I honestly just don't know, have already planned on replacing them myself. But in the future, I just HAVE to know...

Bonus question for those willing and able: the painters got some primer and paint on the bottoms of the crown molding. The paint is an off white/ sandy colored water based paint. They didn't cut very well in some spots so it almost looks like no tape was used, and being a brown colored molding this means the white is very bright against it. I notice it plain as day (but have no prior experience for comparison so who am I to judge?) . Again, contractor informed me that due to the nature of the crown molding, that it was made from Formica and there's original dark paint underneath, he wouldn't be able to clean it up without scraping it off and therefore damaging the molding. Again, is there truth to this? It just doesn't make sense to my pea brain that water based paint would not be able to come off, aside from the fact that he seemed to rush to completion since he took two extra weeks to finish using a one man crew instead of the promised three.

Please help, /r/interiordesign! You're my only hope!!

(Okay it's definitely not that serious but I would like to be informed than not!)



Submitted June 24, 2016 at 05:47AM by aintyamama http://ift.tt/28SKdSi

No comments:

Post a Comment